There are so many lonely people in our world, and yet the modern world has given us the tools to banish loneliness for ever. Older people, in particular, are not taking advantage of these tools, so how can we address this.
This is my idea for a project, can we make this happen?
1. First step is to identify lonely, older people, and recruit those willing to take part in the project.
2. Video interviews with lonely, older people, describing their life stories.
3. Post the videos on the internet.
4. Encourage online discussion about the stories
5. Discuss the online interaction with the people who have been videoed
6. Provide equipment and training so the older people can take part in the online discussions
7. Encourage and facilitate future interactions and contact between all project participants
Can we do this?
To aid your thinking, here is the lovely Ron, from Our Digital Planet in Bristol