Saturday 16th August 2014
11am to 5pm
Filey Beach, North Yorkshire
Join us on Filey Beach, or online on Saturday 16th August for an extravaganza of social media, digital inclusion, and general internet capers by the sea.
This is event is sponsored by Coast and Country Housing Limited.
Sun, Sea and Social Media is:
- a social media adventure, featuring a number of experienced social media users who will document their journeys to Filey and their activities on the day;
- a social media surgery, offering real-time, practical advice to people on the beach on how to get the best out of using social media to enhance their holiday and beach experience;
- a digital inclusion event, helping people new to the internet get online by demonstrating what enormous fun can be had on the internet;
- a demonstrator, showcasing the power of new technologies in a beach setting, including a LIVE linkup with the Costa del Sol in Spain; and
- a lot of fun! featuring live streamed beach cricket, knobbly knees contests, sandcastle championships, and other beach-based shenanigans
Join in the fun on Filey Beach any time between 11 and 5. Or follow the action online using the hashtag #smbeach with occasional live video at http://www.johnpophamlive.co.uk
photo credit Paul Stephenson on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_stephenson/