This is an outline of the event, for which I will be seeking sponsors. Please use the comments section below to add your ideas.
- A group of volunteers convenes at a public beach on an agreed day. Hopefully sponsorship can be found at least to contribute to travel expenses. It needs to be a beach relatively easy to access from most of the country via public transport – current favourite is Blackpool;
- Blackpool is also current favourite because of Cath Mugonyi‘s mystical ability to source 1000 deck chairs!
- A Social Media Advice Hub is established in a prominent location on the beach, with prominent sign-posting / branding. This could be something as simple as a gazebo, but a Beach Hut would be awesome;
- Volunteers offer advice to members of the public on how to enhance their holiday / beach-going experience using social media;
- During advice-giving down-time (which, let’s face it, would probably be most of the time), the volunteers can engage in traditional beach activities (including, of course, beach cricket) which can be videoed, live tweeted, instagrammed, blogged etc.
Ideas to build on this, below, please.